Saturday, August 6, 2011

A New Leash on Life - Part 1 of 3

There's nothing like babies, kittens and puppies to brighten your day.  Libby was here for a week during her first summer vacation and one day when I wondered where she had wandered off to, I found she had gone upstairs.  When I called her to come downstairs I noticed for the first time - that when she runs down the stairs she looked like a happy little lamb. I've never seen a dog do this before.

After I found her, we headed to the beach for her first run in the sand and water.  She wasn't too keen on the waves, she was more interested in eating all the slimey 'lake-weed' and drift wood that washed up on shore.  Shawn finally picked her up to introduce her to the water, but she still was having nothing to do with it; she did however, humour Shawn by doing a bit of a dog paddle above water as he held her.

When we came home, Libby decided she wanted to show off some of her tricks.  She had a little bit of trouble on the slippery floor, but she finally found her footing... and the treats.  As time goes on, I'll upload more videos of her updated tricks.  I'm trying to teach her how to 'dog-sing' and say 'I-ruv-rou', ...so we'll see how she does. (grrr...unfortunately, these last two videos would not upload for me - I'll try them again another day - perhaps it's just one of those 'glitch' days)

Having a carefree and happy puppy around for a week certainly gives you a new leash on life. 
Bonnie






No comments:

Christmas 2016

Christmas 2016 was held at Jody's this year and we were lucky we had good weather for our travel eastbound.  If there is going to be a...