Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Oh Canada !!


Well, jeepers!   I searched high, and I searched low,
Looking for a Canada Day background – don’t you know. 


I found lots with stars and strips and fireworks that burst,
But I could find nothing for Canada - not even July 1st.


I Googled for Canada, I Googled for Maple Leafs,
I Googled until I found nothing but grief.


Disappointed I thought, 'Man – I’ll even settle for Red'
I could only find this – you get Strawberries instead.


So celebrate Canada Day and sit by the lake,
Watch the fireworks burst and eat Strawberry Cake!


Happy Canada Day everyone! 



4 comments:

Kerry said...

Happy Canada day to the 4 stitching sisters! Hope you have a great day. Our group was very small tonight, I guess everyone is in the holiday mode. Take care and have a great holiday!

Meadows08 said...

Cute poem and yummy looking cake. Happy Canada Day!

staci said...

Happy Canada Day! Your cake looks better than any other Canada Day decor :)

Hope you all have a great weekend!

Tammy said...

ohh cute poem...you going to make the cake for next retreat hint hint lol

Contributors