Monday, September 12, 2011

Inspiration

Fall is my favourite season.  I just love the crispness in the air, and all the beauty that surrounds you when you look outside at the ever changing colours in the landscape.


I was getting the urge to stitch something autumn related, so I had a look through my patterns.  I came across this free chart from DMC called Falling Leaves that I have always loved, and thought it would be the perfect choice.


When I looked at the colours that were recommended for the pattern, I just knew I had to change them.  Even though the leaves aren't true "maple" leaves, those maple leave colours are what I envisioned when  I first saw this pattern.
So outside I went, to the maple tree in our front yard and chose this leaf as my inspiration...

Gentle Art Sampler Threads: Avocado, Burnt Orange and Gold Leaf

It has been a fun, quick stitch so far, and when it's complete I will have a little piece of autumn inside with me year round.

Tracey

3 comments:

Catherine said...

Love it! Can't wait to see the progress on this!

Pumpkin said...

Ohhhhh....I love it too! Perfect colors Tracey :o)

MoonBeam said...

This is going to be gorgeous.

Bobbi

Christmas 2016

Christmas 2016 was held at Jody's this year and we were lucky we had good weather for our travel eastbound.  If there is going to be a...