Friday, December 23, 2011

Cookies & Cherries & Chocolates, Oh My!

Arriving at work this week, on my last day before my vacation, I was greeted with a wonderful surprise at my desk.  I knew right away it was from my friend Lori.  We share a passion for baking, so we can totally relate to the intricate details we apply to our baked goods and the time we take to make those special treats for our loved ones. You either love making this special effort, or you don't.  Either way everybody loves to eat them.  So in the end, we all win!  Tomorrow, I'll be working on my famous  &*$%@$*%%&Cookies !! 

I can't wait to open this !!
Overflowing with decadents.
Let's look inside each bag now.  OMG - I can smell the chocolate already.  I'm getting so excited !!!!

Lori and I have spent many lunch hours discussing recipes and sharing cookie ideas and she explained to me once how she has her 'special' tweezers just for applying her decorations on her cookies.  She said, "People think I'm crazy"  but I totally get where she is coming from.  Like a guy has his tools in his shed, the gals have their 'gadgets' in the kitchen.  As I opened the first bag,  I truly appreciated this gift even more.  

Shortbread cookies like I've never seen before!
Don't you just Love the little plate? 
A gift from Jody a few years ago.

 
Now, just so you don't think this is a large plate
or that the decorations are large,
I placed tweezers on the plate
to show how intricate this work is.
(Don't worry, they were cleaned)
ohhhhh - I can smell the peanut butter and chocolate.
I Love the little holly leaves - isn't it amazing how something so tiny can add so much!
Oh, the smell of the chocolate is driving me crazy. 
I should have eaten breakfast before doing a photo shoot.
Oh my goodness.  This plate is filled with Cake Pops, and get this - cream cheese, chocolate chips and crumbled cake rolled into balls and dipped in chocolate. It's like eating chocolate covered cookie dough.  Don't be silly, Yes, of course I tasted one

Ohhhh... now it's yummy cereal, peanuts and chocolate covered cluster thingie's.  That's the name right Lori? 
You didn't happen to use bran cereal did you -
'cause that's a really good way to hide fiber and justify eating the cookie at the same time.
I'm thinking I might have to hide those
homemade turtles from my kids though -
so don't anyone forward this post to them ok?
 

mmmm gingersnaps and fondant covered cherries
Now the hard question... do I want tea or cappuccino for breakfast, and dare I eat cookies for breakfast.  Sure why not, it's Christmas and Lori went to all that work! 

hmmmm tea or cappuchino?   Note the snowflake on the cup.  Another gift from Jody.
It's magnetic and you can wear it on
your winter scarf or whatever...
I choose to display it on my mug because it looks
festive and sparkly.  Sparkle, Sparkle, Sparkle.

It's all about the bling!

OK, now Bonnie - decide which cookie you want.  OH, why make this difficult - the solution is staring you right in the face! 

Have one of each silly.
Have the cappuccino for breakfast and call Diane over for tea this afternoon and pretend you are opening the cookies
for the first time.  Problem solved.

Hang on: doorbell ..........

Crap! Busted!  Diane just showed up for tea while I was in the middle of the photo shoot and about to sample goodies before I sit to actually eat them. Sampling is different than eating.  There are no calories in sampling - But you can still get busted. I'm just sayin'.

Thanks again Lori for such a thoughtful and tasty gift.  Not only do I get to enjoy them, you saved me some time with baking and I got to brag about you on my blog.  You are a great friend.

Merry Christmas to each and everyone of our followers and their families.  I hope you aren't too jealous of my generous and delicious gift, but if you happen to be in the neighbourhood anytime soon (and by soon I mean before they are all gone), you might want to pop in for a little treat. 

Holiday cheers!
Bonnie 

5 comments:

jayne@~an eye for threads~ said...

I KNOW WHERE YOU LIVE.

Bonnie said...

Yes Jayne, but the question is: will you make it on time?

Tracey said...

Jayne- I only live ONE block away! ha ha!!

jayne@~an eye for threads~ said...

awe man

Catherine said...

Yummy!!!

Christmas 2016

Christmas 2016 was held at Jody's this year and we were lucky we had good weather for our travel eastbound.  If there is going to be a...