Monday, May 7, 2012

Christmas In May

I'm not sure if I've ever mentioned here before about my love of purses.  With some ladies it's shoes - mine is purses.

A few of the key things when looking for that perfect purse: 
  • accessibility (the opening is wide enough to get to everything inside)
  • a light or bright coloured lining (so you can see everything inside)
  • short to medium length straps, so I don't wear it over my shoulder (my chiropractor will thank me for this one!)
  • minimal hardware (don't need all those chains and things hanging all over it)
  • not too big
  • not too small      
My good friend René shares this same love... but unfortunately she lives in Massachusetts and I live in Ontario, Canada, so it's not very often we can just pick up and head out for a day of shopping.

This past Christmas, René wasn't able to make the trip back home for the holidays, so it was a nice surprise when she called a while back to say she would be in Canada this week! (I hadn't seen her for 1 1/2 years!!)  We got together for a couple of hours today, and I was excited to get to open my Christmas gift from her...


Surprise!!!... she got me a new purse!!! I have never been disappointed with any of the purses she has picked out for me over the years (our taste is actually quite similar), and more than once I have heard René make the comment that she almost took my purse home for herself!  I don't know why, but it seems like there are many more unique styles in the US than I can find here in Canada.


She also had more goodies tucked inside... some hand made crocheted dishcloths and a pouf ; a daily desk calendar of handbags, and a sweet little book of reproduction vintage post cards.  Thanks so much Né!!!

We plan to spend the day together tomorrow- you guessed it- shopping.  Now even though I'm all set with my new summer purse, I may just have to have a peek to see what else is out there.

It doesn't hurt to look, right??

Tracey

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello

That's a lovely Christmas present and the purse is very pretty.
Hope you enjoy your shopping day together!

Anonymous said...

wow that is a beautiful purse!!great taste!!

Denise said...

Hi Tracey, I am with you in the fact that I have a thing for purses also. And I also look for the same things in a purse that you do. I love the one your girlfriend got for you.
Denise

Christmas 2016

Christmas 2016 was held at Jody's this year and we were lucky we had good weather for our travel eastbound.  If there is going to be a...