Friday, January 25, 2013

Excited!

It's always so much fun to start a new project; especially when that something you are going to be making is for a good cause.  I have my pink yarn bought, and I'm ready and excited to be participating in Vicki's "Pink Scarf Project" over at 2 Bags Full!


Whether you knit, crochet, sew or buy your predominately pink scarf, each one you donate will be distributed to those women who are fighting their own battle with breast cancer. We hope this small gesture will bring some comfort and hopefully a smile to the face of each recipient.

A big hug and pat on the back to Vicki for organizing this wonderful event... thanks so much, Vicki!!


I have my first crochet pattern picked out for the "Pink Parfait" Marble yarn, but I'm still undecided about what I'm going to do with the "Coral Reef" Homespun yarn.  Who knows... maybe I will dig out my dear Nana's knitting needles, and try my hand at knitting again.  How hard can it be... it's only been about 37 years since I last knit something!

Please think about participating in the "Pink Scarf Project".  Even if you are not "crafty", there are a lot of beautiful scarves out there that you can purchase and donate.  (If you look underneath the yarn in my picture, you'll see the pretty scarf that I just couldn't resist adding to my basket while shopping yesterday.)

Tracey  

1 comment:

jayne@~an eye for threads~ said...

I just may hop on board with this one and while I'm at it I just may knit up a blue one for Prostate Cancer too..... Great Idea. Thanks for sharing.

Christmas 2016

Christmas 2016 was held at Jody's this year and we were lucky we had good weather for our travel eastbound.  If there is going to be a...