Recently, I found Jesus. Literally; I found him. He was tucked away at the bottom of a drawer.
Several years ago an acquaintance of mine was struggling with a needlework project and she asked if I could help her out. I told her I was more than happy to complete the picture for her, but I was busy with a new job and I wasn't sure how long it would take me to finish the picture. Little did I know when I had said that, that I would misplace the kit. When I came upon it, I felt horrible when I realized how long it had been since I said I would stitch this up for her.
Last month I was off work sick for three weeks straight and since I was bedridden I thought this would be the perfect time to complete this kit. I needed a project to keep me busy, but I wasn't well enough to focus on counting to do any cross stitch. This kit was a prestamped piece that you use yarn to do crewel stitching and floss to do embroidery stitching to accent the piece.
|The completed project.|
|Crewel stitching with yarn gives a 3D effect to the deer by using a Long Split Stitch.|
|How cute is the little lamb? |
The Raised Seed Stitch was used to make him look really fluffy.
The rabbit was done with long, split stitches.
|Tracey has some competition in the French Knot category.|
I think I may have mastered the art of french knots by the time I finished this garden.
Now, while I am really not interested in counting all the french knots, I am a little curious just exactly how many there are. And because I know Jayne is reading this and has already conjured up a comment with a dare for me to count them all, I decided to appease her. However, I started to count, but stopped at 257 because I got mixed up when realized there was a spot I missed and now I'm not starting to count all over again. Sorry Jayne with a 'y', but I hope you are satisfied with 257.
So now... all I have to do is get this little project back to its owner. I hope she'll forgive me.