Thursday, March 21, 2013

Spring... Really??

Even though it's officially the season of spring on the calendar, it's really hard to believe when you look out our window here today.


My mantle was calling out for a new spring feel, so it was time for an update.  I don't have a lot of Easter decor (I find that most of the stuff out there is too childish for my liking), so my glass egg is the only thing "Easter" on the mantle and the rest is a tribute to spring.

  
You gotta love Pinterest!  That's where I stole saw this idea for the kaleidoscope of paper butterflies flitting up the wall. I think it adds that certain dimension to the overall display.  Plus the colours just make me ☺


Now that it says Spring inside, I'm ready any time for it to warm up outside and reflect the actual date that we see on the calendar.  Good-bye winter... 

Tracey

5 comments:

Chocolates4Breakfast (Terri Malinovich) said...

Very nice display, Tracey. The butterflies are really fun!

Cath said...

The mantle looks great. Love the butterflies .
We are being dumped on with the white stuff at the moment .

Unknown said...

It's coming,,,, wait for it.....
Love your mantel Tracey.
As always

Rita said...

I love your spring display...the INside one, that is. ;-)

Miss LindaLee said...

I love it! I just love bringing spring inside, and let's face it....You just have to in colder climates. I love the glass egg and the butterflies looks so neat.

LindaLee from
CrossN' My Stitches

Christmas 2016

Christmas 2016 was held at Jody's this year and we were lucky we had good weather for our travel eastbound.  If there is going to be a...