Wednesday, October 12, 2011

De-LITE-ful

Three years ago, my daughter got married on October 4th in our back yard. As you can see from the photo below, we had decorated the gardens with some grapevine trees that were adorned with twinkle lights.  Simply turn a tomato cage upside down, twist the grapevine all around it and top it off with some garden lights.  Voila!  Simple, elegant and delightful.

The next weekend when the bride and groom had returned home from their honeymoon, they  picked up my other two daughters and they all went out of town for the day.  

When everyone is gone and I'm all alone, it's those quiet moments that I become most creative; I had a whim and I decided to decorate for Halloween. I dug through the 'tickle-trunk' costume box...

  ... And this is what greeted everyone upon their arrival home.  They were all laughing in the car as they were driving up the street towards the house. We giggled off and on all night about these two de-LITE-ful creatures. Every once in awhile, I would go to the front door just to have a peak at them.  Too cute!

Bonnie

2 comments:

jayne@~an eye for threads~ said...

You, all alone... quiet moments... how does that work?
Love the backyard design.
Be always in stitches.

Catherine said...

How cute!

Christmas 2016

Christmas 2016 was held at Jody's this year and we were lucky we had good weather for our travel eastbound.  If there is going to be a...