Monday, January 23, 2012

Changing the Mantle

Does anyone else find it a challenge on how to decorate their mantle for that in between stage?   Christmas is over, but it's still too early for all those hearts and pinks and reds?

Not very original I know, but what I came up with could best be described as a "winter mantle".  Mainly snowmen, but also a few other wintery/homey themed items that make you want to cozy up with a warm afghan and your hot beverage of choice.

I'm wanting some sort of a garland... paper snowflakes?...  Crocheted snowflakes?
Happy to finally display this snowman cross stitch that I finished in March 2011!
Just had to add this rustic "Let it Snow" plaque that my son made me 15 years ago when he was in Grade 5.

Since changing things over after the Christmas decorations came down a couple of weeks ago, I've noticed other mantles in the blogging world that have followed this same direction; but with less snowmen and more winter.  I've stolen tucked away a lot of these ideas that I hope to incorporate into my decor this time next year!

Tracey 

3 comments:

Bonnie said...

A: Love it as always.
B: Crotchet'd snowflakes.
C: I LOVE the plaque Mitchell made you; I can't believe I've never seen that before. If it was displayed and I didn't notice, well then...my apologies. Just goes to show you that switching things up around the home makes everything seem brand new.

Great Job Tracey and thanks for taking care of the blog while I worked all my overtime. I'm cooking up ideas for some new postings.

p.s. Stitching sisters: I've only received ONE photo. Friendly reminder ladies... I do need some time to 'prepare' my surprise.
Bonnie

Catherine said...

Looks good to me! And I say, if you are ready for the reds and hearts, go for it...after all, it is only a few weeks away...

jayne@~an eye for threads~ said...

Beautiful as always now,,, about that garland. Bead one. Not sure if you can see the bead sprigs on mine but it is super simple and relatively quick to do.

Be always in stitches.

Christmas 2016

Christmas 2016 was held at Jody's this year and we were lucky we had good weather for our travel eastbound.  If there is going to be a...