Friday, January 7, 2011

A Snowman Start

In January I quite often feel like starting something new. Something wintery but not necessarily Christmas. This year I picked this cute snowman pattern adapted from a vintage postcard. It is from a book called Christmas Keepsakes; Book 2 in the Leisure Arts Christmas Remembered Series.

I

I am not going to stitch it into a bag like shown, but will frame it. The design size is 5"x7" so I'm hoping a store bought 8"x10" frame will do the trick. I had the fabric on hand, (28 ct. Jobelan, Sage/Summer Khaki) and all the floss, so a pretty thrifty project indeed. This is always a bonus, especially right after the holidays! :^)


Notice the cute pillow in the picture? Jody stitched this pattern by Bent Creek 10 years ago, (and 4 of them to boot!) and presented them to us at our Christmas get-together. They were unfinished, which gave us all the opportunity to get creative and do with them what we liked.


Have fun stitching up all of those wintery projects you have on your to do list. If it's anything like mine, you will have lots to choose from!

Tracey

2 comments:

Meadows08 said...

The snowman will be so cute! I love how you finished your gift into a pillow.

Kerry said...

I stitched the snowman a few years ago for one of my Stitching Sisters. It turned out so well I wanted to keep it, but I didn't maybe it's time to stitch another one for me. Take care, looking forward to seeing you all in May.

Christmas 2016

Christmas 2016 was held at Jody's this year and we were lucky we had good weather for our travel eastbound.  If there is going to be a...