Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Can You Help?

For quite some time now, I've been looking for a website to help me with a cross stitch computer program that I can safely download or perhaps purchase.  So far - it's been a frustrating, exhausting and unsuccessful search and tonight it suddenly dawns on me - POST IT ON THE BLOG BONNIE!!  Surely to goodness one of you crafty ladies out there has something to share !!!

There are tons of sites out there to upload a photo and create your own pattern.  I discovered this some time ago and once Tracey and I got the hang of it, we were able to create our own patterns from a photo.  Our favourite thus far is Pic2Pat (Picture to Pattern).

However, what I am looking for is different.  I have lost a CD that I once had - that was similar to an Excel program.  You could set your grids to your material count size and you simply choose a colour from the tool bar and each time you click one of the squares with the mouse it changes to that colour and you can create your own designs.  Something I've been itching to do for quite some time now.  I usually end up just creating something on a grid sheet with a pencil.  I can't for the life of me remember what this program was called, but I wish I could find it. 

Does anyone out there know what I'm talking about, or can anyone offer any suggestions where to look?  Looking forward to hearing from you...
Bonnie

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have one that I really like called PC Stitch. It does that and a lot more. They have a new version out this week as well. Go to for a free trial. The latest version is now $49.95. A lot, but I love mine.

http://www.pcstitch.com/

Good luck. Peggy

jayne@~an eye for threads~ said...

I agree that pcstitch in the best one going right now.

Christmas 2016

Christmas 2016 was held at Jody's this year and we were lucky we had good weather for our travel eastbound.  If there is going to be a...