Monday, March 26, 2012

A Happy Mail Day

A couple of months ago, Nancy from Victorian Motto Sampler Shoppe was having a contest where she wanted people to help her come up with names for her 4 new limited edition sets... (1) Heather/Lavender shades, (2) Antique Plum shades, (3) Antique Peach shades and (4) Russet/Brown shades.   For each set you suggested a name for, you received a ballot to win one of these sets. 

So I decided to put on my thinking cap, and give it a whirl... what fun!!  This is what I came up with:  (1)  Springtime Medley, (2) Sugar Plum Fairies, (3) Sun-kissed Roses, and (4) Autumn Cornucopia.

What a wonderful surprise when I read that I was one of the lucky winners!  

A few weeks after the drawing, I was totally blown away when I read on Nancy's blog that she had chosen not one, but 2 of the names I had suggested for her sets...  Sugar Plum Fairies and Autumn Cornucopia.  What an honour!!!   

I was so happy today to pick up my mail and find the gorgeous hand dyed floss that I had won.

Antique Plum Shades a.k.a. "Sugar Plum Fairies".

It will be neat to see what names Nancy will pick for each one of the individual skeins in the 4 sets.  She has decided to pick from the remaining names that weren't chosen for the sets... what a difficult job that will be!

Now for me to decide what I will use these pretty colours for... thanks again Nancy!

Tracey

5 comments:

jayne@~an eye for threads~ said...

What a pretty selection, what's a girl to do?
I am sure you will come up with the perfect project. Cheers
Be always in stitches.

Rita said...

Congratulations!

Doesn't Nancy dye the most beautiful things?!

Peonies & Magnolias said...

How exciting to win and what beautiful colors. I enjoy your blog so much. Thanks for visiting mine. Have a great week.

Sandy

Catherine said...

That was a fun contest, wasn't it? Congrats on the win ~ those threads are great!

milly said...

Congratulations!

The thread looks beautiful.

Contributors