Saturday, March 17, 2012

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

Since I totally skipped over Valentine's Day this year (as far as decorating my mantle goes), I thought I'd better not miss out on St. Patrick's Day... especially with my Irish roots.


I've changed things up a bit from last year and added one new tiny "stitched" item.  I've had this pretty little frame for quite some time now but never knew what to put in it.  I decided to stitch up this mini shamrock and it fit just perfectly.  Weeks floss in "Hunter" is the colour I used.


Whether you celebrate today enjoying some corned beef and cabbage, drinking a green beer, or just wearing a little something green, I want to wish everyone (whether you are Irish or not!) a Happy St. Patrick's Day!!

I'd like to end this post by sharing an Irish Blessing I found...


Tracey

7 comments:

Chantelle said...

Love it Mom! The mini shamrock is especially great, and perfect for that frame :)

Love that blessing too. Lovely!

staci said...

Happy St Patrick's Day Tracey. Pinch me, I forgot to wear green!

jayne@~an eye for threads~ said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
jayne@~an eye for threads~ said...

May all your shamrocks be green
and your dimples be seen.
Cheers to you all.
Be always in stitches.

Rita said...

I think we're all Irish on this day. :-)

Who is the designer of the one that says "May Life be Grand to You"?

I love all your Irish stitching.

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

milly said...

Hi

I love your mantle from your beautiful stitching to that gorgeous shamrock garland.

Happy St Patrick's Day to you!

Catherine said...

Looks great!

Contributors