Saturday, February 2, 2013

Where Did January Go?

While flipping over my calendar pages to February yesterday, I thought to myself... where did January go??  It sure went by in a flash!  But then again, so do all of the months... especially the older more mature I get.  The month of hearts and love and mushy stuff is now upon us, but we are also still in the white of winter and actually getting some fresh snow here today.  I always feel like I'm in a tug of war when it comes to decorating my mantle this time of year... I'm never sure what route to go.

Until about a week ago, my poor mantle had sat pretty bare once the Christmas stuff came down.  Then I decided to try my hand at making one of those pom-pom garlands that you are seeing all over Blogland and Pinterest these days.  I was pleased with the end result, so I hung it up.  Earlier this week, I was looking at the sad, lonely garland hanging there all by itself, so I dug out my Valentine bin and got busy.


I've been thinking for a while now about moving the clock that I've had hanging over the mantle for the past 3 years, to somewhere else in the room.  I thought it would open up the space and give more area to work with when changing up the mantle.  That's the fun of decorating... you can always change it back... but for now I like the look.


I decided to go ahead and make the mantle a Valentine's Day/Winter combination, so I mixed in some white with the reds and pinks.  As you can see, I did get out my Nana's knitting needles like I talked about in my last post.  I have started ripping out knitting again, but we'll leave that post for another day :-)


There... all done until next month.  Then it will be time to replace the reds and pinks with the greens to celebrate all things Irish.  Until next time...

Tracey

2 comments:

Bonnie said...

Beautiful as always. Here's to Pink. And Hearts. And Kisses. And Love. And all that Mush.

Anonymous said...

the mantle looks great! Love the background too!

Christmas 2016

Christmas 2016 was held at Jody's this year and we were lucky we had good weather for our travel eastbound.  If there is going to be a...