Sunday, April 24, 2011

Tell me Moore, Tell me Moore !!

Do you believe in ghosts?  Well I think everyone believes in Casper - why wouldn't they.  He's friendly.  Harmless.  Helpful.  Of course he's real.


(I thought this was kind of funny... and just had to share)  While searching for an image of Casper, I came across one that made me laugh because my immediate thought was, Bonnie - this is what you will look like as a ghost. 
My friend Shauna Moore and I were having a conversation about ghosts a few weeks ago, and whether or not people believe in them.  Well I had a few 'incidents' this past week and I have yet to determined the cause of each one.   While telling my friend Ruth about them the other day, she said, "You've got yourself a traveling ghost.  It's with you all the time - remember what happened at my house?"  

Determined to find answers, I sent Casper on a quest and he came back and said, "Go post it on your blog and let's see what Shauna thinks" 

Thursday 8:30 PM: I arrived home after a dinner date and Paige came right downstairs and said, "Were you here earlier?"  No, I'm just getting home. Why?  "Well I was upstairs and I had music on and I heard the door open and I thought it was you, then I didn't hear you making any noise - I called for you - and then all of a sudden the door closed.  It scared me"  I joked, "It was probably just a ghost."       Paige was like... shudddduppp !!        - next day  -

Friday 6:00 AM:  It was Good Friday, I was off and happy to be able to sleep in.  I was lying in bed and I heard a noise.  I couldn't quite make out what it was because I was still half asleep.  I thought to myself, It isn't the wind.  It isn't music.  It sounds like running water, but it's only 6am - Paige doesn't work until 9, there is NO way she's up!  I finally got up to investigate the noise - and we all know from watching scary movies that you only do that in the daylight hours - so I thought It's safe.  As I left my bedroom and walked into the hall it seemed to be coming from the bathroom.  I entered the dark  (window-less) room to discover the hot water tap on the tub running Full Blast!  Whyyyyyyyyyy?   Paige was still in bed so it wasn't her. The cat was in my room, so it wasn't her.  The tub taps are new and they are not loose.  Hmmmmmm 

When I was telling Ruth this story, she reminded me of the incident at her house.  I was spending the night at her house and she had asked me to bring my Carol Burnett shows with me so we could watch them together.  I put the dvd into the machine and we had only just got into the show about 5 minutes and all of a sudden the dvd player quit.  Ruth said, "Now why did that happen?" At first we thought that a button got bumped on the remote but it was sitting no where near either of us.  She said, "This has been working just fine - I don't get it"  Try as we may we could not get the machine to work the rest of the night. 

A few hours later Ruth said, "Why don't you go up and enjoy my new jacuzzi tub and I'll read and then we'll call it a night"  Sounded like a plan to me!  So I relaxed in the tub while Ruth read and after about half an hour I got out, dried off & dressed and I went into Ruth's room.  I was so relaxed from the tub I crawled up onto the bed and we started talking.  We talked for about 15 minutes and all of a sudden the tub jets turned on.  There was no water in the tub so of course they were very loud.  We looked at each other like WTF? We got up to investigate - even though it was dark out... - and try as she might, Ruth could not get the jets to turn off.  She literally had to open the wall panel and reset the unit.  She came back to the bed and said, "Ok, I'm not sure you can stay here again !!"

So Shauna, What do you think?  Do I have a 'traveling ghost'?    Tell me Moore, tell me Moore !!  


4 comments:

Sarah Beth said...

I am not Shauna but if you dont mind I will offer up a possible explation. I am a Christian. I believe the Bible to be the true Word of God. I believe in angels and demons, heaven and hell, and that Jesus gave His life as the ultimate sacrifice and conquered death and the devil so that By believing in Jesus we all can spend eternity in heaven when we die.

With that said I think you are dealing with something demonic. No fear all you have to do to be free of it is to tell it to leave in Jesus name. The Bible says that when Jesus name is spoken satan and his demons must leave.

Hope you don't think I am nuts for telling you my beliefs. Hope it helps

GoldenAngelsWorks said...

All I can say is AMEN Sarah!!!

Anonymous said...

my grandma had a ghost but it was friendly one day my mom and everyone else was on the main floor of the house and my mom heard someone walking on bare floors with hight heels. The only place in that house that wasn't carpeted was the attic. then it was funny to because the ghost would make you talk really funny some times too. it was odd but not scary. I think your tap story is scary!! Hey maybe we should tell ghost stories at retreat one of the nights.

Anonymous said...

T'was a dark and gloomy night,
and all the ghosts were out,
I heard the screams a coming,
just'a yelling
"Good Lord Girl, Believe in whom you want but we don't need no demons where we're going my friend so wash yourself of them."
(bais)

Christmas 2016

Christmas 2016 was held at Jody's this year and we were lucky we had good weather for our travel eastbound.  If there is going to be a...