Saturday, May 7, 2011

Spring Mantle


It's that time again to change things around and spruce up the mantle for the warmer weather months.


As in my previous "mantle" posts, some of the treasures you see here came from my Nana's house... the picture, the cup & saucer and the tea towel are all things I was lucky enough to "inherit".


When I came across this pretty painted picture, I just knew that I had to have it!  Adding to my excitement was the discovery of what was written on the back...


 I found out from my Mom that the lady who painted it was my Dad's great Uncle's wife (clear as mud??) .


 The cream coloured vintage looking hyacinth was a bargain found at Hobby Lobby... only $10.00!!

 Thanks so much for stopping by our blog  :^)  Happy Mother's Day weekend to everyone!

The Lettered Cottage

Tracey

No comments:

Christmas 2016

Christmas 2016 was held at Jody's this year and we were lucky we had good weather for our travel eastbound.  If there is going to be a...