Thursday, May 26, 2011

Where the Heck Did My Garden Go???

Each year I take my holidays at the end of May and I bust my butt off getting the heavy spring clean up in the gardens done before the hot weather comes along. I usually spend 3-4 days non-stop in the gardens and I finish the week off by going to Brentwood to our annual Cross Stitch Retreat and sit on my butt for 4 days, stitching, recouping, laughing, eating, walking on the beach, recouping, laughing, stitching and eating. This week the weather was particularly cooperative and I got so much accomplished.  However, I have one garden that is quite a challenge every year and I wasn't surprised when I saw the mess it greeted me with this year. 
Man!!  I've got my work cut out for me. 
Could that be a tiny blue flower peaking out of the weeds.
I believe it's saying "Forget-Me-Not! -- I'm choke-choke-choking"

Is there anything in here that isn't a weed?
"Romper Bomper Stomper Boo,
Tell me, tell me, tell me do,
Magic Mirror please tell me today, have all my friends had fun at play?"
"Why I see Charlie, and Dandi and Clover ....Oh, I think I see Iris"

My favourite birdhouse kicked the bucket and rotted off its stand.
Dare I hope there is a neighbouring follower out there who is especially handy with repairing bird houses? 
And remember the story of the neighbour's dog who greets me at my door with my earwig traps in his mouth?  I have a sneaking suspicion he has something to do with the meat tray in the garden??? 


Before
After
There is still a lot of work to do in this large garden, but I look forward to working away at it each weekend.  In the early morning while it's still shady, I grab a cup of tea, my garden tools and I pull up a blanket and start working the earth; as luck would have it, there is a robin who likes to keep me company when I'm in the gardens.  (I call him Rob) He knows an easy meal when he sees one and I keep tossing him the occasional worm inching him closer and closer to me each time.  One of these days, I've got to remember to grab the camera and take it to the garden with me, but I would have to be careful not to set it down or I'd never find it amongst the weeds. 
Bonnie

No comments:

Christmas 2016

Christmas 2016 was held at Jody's this year and we were lucky we had good weather for our travel eastbound.  If there is going to be a...