Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Cuba - Part 1

Last Thanksgiving, my daughter Holly was home for the holidays and she was so excited because she had just booked her first ‘down south’ vacation.  We were talking and I asked her, “Who are you going to Cuba with?”   She replied, “Crystal and her mom. (then the lightbulb comes on…) – gasp – you wanna go with us? – You’ll love Crystal’s mom!”  To which I sadly had to reply, “Thanks for asking, but no… I don’t have the money right now to go on a vacation to Cuba”  “Ahhhh, That’s too bad, 'cuz we’d have fun”, she said.

As luck would have it, two days later, I won an award at work. The prize: A trip voucher!  Can you believe it?  It was meant to be!!

So I called my other daughter Niki and said, “Don’t say anything to Holly yet, but if I can rearrange my holidays I’m thinking about joining her – what details can you give me regarding her departure and return dates?”  Niki said, “Better yet… my friend just happened to be the one that booked the trip, so I’ll have her email you with all the details”  So… with all the details at hand, I was able to rearrange my vacation time at work and head down south for what was also MY first tropical vacation.   Between the two of us, we took well over a thousand pictures.  Thank goodness for digital cameras and memory cards.

Let’s chase away our winter woes with a refreshing change of scenery.... and a bit of fun!

The view from our balcony.
The view as we leave our complex and head out for a walk.
First stop: the white sandy beaches!!
Thank you LFCU for this amazing voucher towards my trip!
My feet are in the ocean for the first time in my life!
So glad I got that pedicure.
Someone is clearly excited.  She wishes to remain nameless,
but she sure can catch some air!!
Holly and I on our first night -- relaxing in the lounge bar. 
And as each night goes by, another drink to taste and try.
.. and try ...
...and try..
...and by now I have NO idea what I'm laughing at.
The really funny thing is: I am not a drinker.
Apparently, Holly has had a few too many daiquiri's by the pool!
Cuba Day - dancers entertained us by the pool side in their colourful costumes.

More colourful attire.
About to make coconut drinks....
just what I need - more drinks!!
Dem dare's some fine cocoanuts!
Stay tuned ... there are many more pictures to come.
Bonnie

2 comments:

jayne@~an eye for threads~ said...

OH MY GOD,,,, CUBA WILL NEVER BE THE SAME NOW...
Looks like you had a blast and what a nice surprise for everyone.
Thanks for sharing the pictures but it just isn't the same as Brentwood...
Be always in dam dare fine cocoanuts Sista.

Unknown said...

Great blog and nice pictures !

Cuba Holidays

Christmas 2016

Christmas 2016 was held at Jody's this year and we were lucky we had good weather for our travel eastbound.  If there is going to be a...